Looking for a Boeing Job in Charleston SC?
Posted By: Heather Lord @ 3:33pm In: General
Tags: cts international, the imo group, boeing dreamliner, boeing charleston sc, yoh, boeing jobs
With a possible 4000+ new Boeing jobs in our future the Charleston Tri-County area is on the radar for many folks locally, nationally and internationally. Some of the positions I have found online include: line assemblers, quality control techs, Catia 5 technical designers and engineers with varying backgrounds, to name just a few. In some instances the jobs are contractual in nature while others are permanent. But what was unclear to me was how I should direct a job seeker who wishes to learn more about the job descriptions – application process – timeframes etc.
My recent Blog Post on the new Wind Turbine parts manufacturer, IMO Group (German Alternative Energy Company) generated quite a bit of traffic and therefore I have to assume that Job Creation is front and center for most of my readers. No Aha moments here but just some rational as to why I am again writing about Charleston Job Creation – People want to know about the employment opportunities in the Charleston SC area and they want to know how to go about vying for these potential new positions. I encourage you to bookmark this post as a handy Reference Guide for Job Hunting in the Lowcountry.
So a quick recap on the recent Boeing News and some information on how/ where/ when you can learn about new positions and apply for them.
Boeing – The Boeing Company announced North Charleston as the site of its second Final Assembly and Delivery Facility for the Dreamliner 787 aircraft. The first aircraft is anticipated to be ready the 1st quarter of 2012 with a target production of 3 aircraft per month. General construction of the facility is being managed by BE&K out of Greenville and the onsite construction company is OL Thompson Construction. Despite the cold winter and early “Monsoon” like conditions the construction activity has been consistent and the Facility is well underway.
Facility Construction Jobs
1) Please email – you can phone but you will wait – better to email Marion Kubusch of BE&K at firstname.lastname@example.org – 864 250-5011
2) For inquiries about the actual site work please call OL Thompson Construction Co. –843 572-0088 or / and recommended on their site www.oltc.com – go to their office at 3691 Paramount Drive, North Charleston, SC 29405 and complete an application.
Current Boeing Job Positions and Future Assembly Plant/Delivery Facility Jobs
1) Please visit – http://www.boeing.com/careers You will need to click through several sections – begin with Jobs & Events, then select Search All Jobs and complete the Criteria Filter selecting South Carolina and Charleston SC. One post I read suggested that when you upload or send a Resume to Boeing that you make sure your resume contains “keywords” that appear in the actual Job Description…. Yes even Boeing searches for Keywords to determine the relevancy of the Resume being submitted. Hey with hundreds to thousands of applications they have to find an effective way to screen the applications. SO TAKE YOUR TIME AND CREATE A THOUGHTFUL RESUME THAT IS JOB POSITION SPECIFIC.
2) Please visit – http://www.ctsinternational.com This high tech international recruiting firm is one of several Boeing preferred companies that provide contract staffing solutions. Just so everyone is clear a contract may be 6 months or they can be in place for years. According to Katie Schoenfeld – Director of Employee and Talent Relations for CTS International in Seattle some contracts have been in place for 15 years and like Boeing employees, individuals are offered benefit packages which include an innovative Employee Outreach Program for folks relocating to a new area. To gear up for the Boeing hiring demands CTS International has opened a local Charleston office at 4130 Faber Place, Ste. 101 and you can contact Sarah Gilden – Employee Relations at email@example.com for details regarding job descriptions and the application process. You can upload your resume by visiting their website at http://www.ctsinternational.com – they currently have several Boeing positions listed on their home page.
3) Please visit – http://www.yoh.com Like its competitor, YOH specializes in the placement of high tech Aerospace employees and has supported Boeing for years with their staffing requirements. The most recent position I read about on their site was for a NDT Quality Test Specialist. For information on this and other Boeing positions please email Lisa Rolens – Senior Recruiter at Lisa.Rolens @YOH.com
Finally, if LinkedIn is part of your social networking world then I encourage you to join the following group: South Carolina Boeing Jobs and Network
Position requests are frequently posted on this LinkedIn group as well as comments/questions about vendors - events in Charleston SC. It can be a quick and valuable read; hopefully this group and others will generate a great exchange of information valuable to job seekers, recruiters and Realtors alike.
Comments on this blog post are welcome and encouraged… I plan to write future posts on local job creation; highlighting other companies/ industries. If you have suggestions please post them under comments… I am thrilled at the prospect of assisting new folks search for the perfect home in Charleston SC and transition to life in the Lowcountry. The Boeing Buzz is a welcome respite from the current economic news … Welcome Boeing – and Happy Job Hunting to prospective Boeing employees…. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to Charleston SC and when appropriate finding you the perfect home.
I am a text, phone or email message away so don’t hesitate to contact me. Cheers Heather
Share this Post:
Trackback URL: http://www.heatherlord.com/trackback/looking-for-a-boeing-job-in-charleston-sc.html